Polymesh is compatible with Ledger Hardware Wallet, however, if you are looking for an alternative cold wallet solution to Ledger you may want to take a look at Polkadot Vault (previously Parity Signer).
With Polkadot Vault, you can turn your old phone into an air-gapped cold wallet that signs transactions via QR codes.
Polkadot Vault is compatible with the following wallets:
How to set up Polkadot Vault
Please read and follow the user guide carefully.
The main steps to set up Polkadot Vault are:
- Factory reset your phone
- Update the phone's firmware to the latest release
- Download Polkadot Vault
- Put your phone to airplane mode and disable every connection
- Create or recover your account in Polkadot Vault
How to set up Polkadot Vault to use Polymesh
Once you have installed and created an account in Polkadot Vault, you will need to load Polymesh Mainnet chain spec and metadata via the QR codes available here to the Polkdadot Vault app.
To do this, follow the steps below:
- Open Polkadot Vault app then tap on the Scanner at the bottom:
- Open the Novasama Metadata portal in your computer's browser.
- Scan the QR code with the Polkadot Vault app.
- On the screen that opens up in Polkadot Vault, you can see the details of the issuer and the Polymesh chain you are about to add. Click Approve, and the chain is added!
- You will need to add Polymesh metadata via QR code as well. Navigate back to the Metadata tab on the metadata portal and scan the QR code as described in the previous steps.
Import accounts from Polkadot Vault to Software Wallets
In order to import your account from Polkadot Vault to the supported wallets, please follow the official guides below:
- Polkadot JS: How to Add your Polkadot Vault Account on Polkadot-JS
- Talisman: Import from Parity Signer or Polkadot Vault
- SubWallet: How to use Polkadot Vault (Formerly Parity Signer) with SubWallet
- Polkadot Vault: Nova Wallet Wiki