About the Polymesh Ledger App
The Polymesh Ledger App is enabling you to use Ledger's hardware wallet to store and manage POLYX tokens and interact with the Polymesh blockchain.
The Polymesh Ledger application is compatible with both the Ledger Nano S and the Ledger Nano X devices. Ledger devices are hardware wallets that keep your secret secured on a physical device that does not expose it to your computer or the internet.
For installation instructions, please read this guide.
Troubleshoot connectivity issues with Ledger
If you are experiencing connectivity issues with your Ledger hardware wallet, there are several steps you can take to troubleshoot the problem:
- Close and reopen your browser: It is always advisable to reopen your browser and test the connection again.
- Restart your computer: Sometimes, simply restarting your computer can resolve connectivity issues.
- Close Ledger Live app: Ensure that the Ledger Live app is closed while connecting and submitting Polymesh transactions.
- Open the Polymesh app on Ledger: On your Ledger device open the Polymesh ledger app until the device displays "Polymesh Ready" while signing transactions.
- Update Polymesh app: Update your Polymesh app to the latest version via Ledger Live or GitHub.
- Update your Ledger firmware: Make sure your Ledger device is running the latest firmware version. You can do this by opening the Ledger Live app and following the on-screen instructions
(see Settings -> About to find out if you're up to date).
- Update Ledger Live: Update your Ledger Live app to the latest version.
- Find any browser windows asking to connect: If prompted by Chrome, select your device and allow the device to connect as per the screenshot below:
- Check your USB cable: Ensure that your USB cable is properly plugged into both your Ledger device and your computer. If possible, try a different USB cable to see if that resolves the issue.
- Check your USB port: Try plugging your Ledger device into a different USB port on your computer. It's also recommended to use a USB port on the back of your computer rather than the front or side, as these ports may not provide enough power.
- Try another browser: In order to rule out browser-specific issues, you may want to try a different Chromium-based browser (Chrome, Brave, Edge, etc.).
For further information, please consult this article.
If you have any questions, feel free to open a conversation with our support team through the Polymesh Community page.