The Polymesh Portal is an interface for interacting with an account on the Polymesh Blockchain. It showcases some of the rich features available on Polymesh and is meticulously crafted with a responsive design that seamlessly adapts to different devices, including mobile phones and tablets.
The Staking Page shows essential information about the account you are staking with, current nominations, and further important information.
Learn more about the Staking page here.
Staking Actions on the Polymesh Portal
To stake POLYX, click on the Stake POLYX button on the Staking page.
A popup window will appear where you can enter the following details:
- Enter the POLYX Amount to Bond for staking. If you click the Use max button to bond your maximum balance, please note you will not be able to make any subsequent transactions, because you will not have enough POLYX balance to cover transaction fees.
- To nominate node operators, click on the name of the node operator you would like to nominate.
- Selected node operators will appear under the Selected Operators field. Clicking on the X button near the operator's name or the Clear all button will clear your current selection.
- You can filter the list by name or address of the node operators, or sort the list by name or recent return by clicking on the respective button.
- Click on the Automatically stake rewards button if you want to automatically restake your earned rewards
Advanced staking options
Clicking on the Show advanced options button will open a dropdown menu to set up advanced staking options.
Enter the controller address you want to use for staking. Clicking on the key icon shows a list of keys synced from your wallet.
Note: Think of the stash as your cold wallet and the controller as your hot wallet. Funding operations are controlled by the stash and any other non-funding actions by the controller itself.
To ensure optimal fund security using the same stash/controller is strongly discouraged, but not forbidden.
Reward Payment Address
Once you fill in all the details, click on the Stake button to start staking. You will need to sign the staking transaction with your wallet.
Bond more POLYX
You can click on Bond More POLYX button to add more POLYX to your stake.
Please note that you should maintain a positive POLYX balance to cover future transaction fees.
Further staking actions
By clicking on the three dots on the right side of the page, you can make further changes to your staking:
- Change nominations: Click on this to change the current validators you are staking.
- Change controller address: Click on this to change your controller address.
- Change rewards destination: Click on this to change your rewards address.
- Remove nominations: Click on this to remove your current nominations. Please note that this will not stop staking. The funds you have bonded will remain locked.
By clicking the Unbond POLYX button, you can:
- Unbond a portion of your stake: Enter an amount of POLYX you would like to unbond.
- Unbond your entire stake: Click on the Use max button to unbond your entire stake.
After you unbond POLYX, you'll need to wait for 28 eras, which is roughly 28 days, for your funds to be ready to be withdrawn. For your POLYX to be available, you will still need to withdraw unbonded funds. Continue reading below to learn how to "Withdraw Unbonded Funds".
Rebond Unbonding POLYX
If you want to rebond tokens during the unbonding period, click on Rebond Unbonding POLYX.
Withdraw Unbonded Funds
After 28 days when the unbonding period ends, you can get back to the staking page and unlock your funds by clicking on the button Withdraw unbonded.