In order to test the functionalities of Polymath's Token Studio and smart contracts on Ethereum, you can use the Goerli testnet. You can also use the Goerli testnet to test the POLY to POLYX Upgrade Bridge. Originally we used Kovan for testing purposes, but we have recently switched to Goerli.
How to get ETH and POLY on Goerli Testnet (required for testing)
Get ETH on Goerli Testnet
In order to get POLY on Goerli network you need ETH first to cover transaction fees.
To get ETH you can use the faucet at https://faucet.goerli.mudit.blog/ and follow the instructions there.
1. Copy your Account address from Metamask.
2. Make a public post with your ETH address to Twitter or Facebook.
3. Copy the post link to the Faucet and click on "Give me Ether" then choose from one of the options. You will receive ETH very shortly (usually in seconds).
Get POLY on Goerli Testnet
To get POLY on Goerli you can use the smart contract directly at: https://goerli.etherscan.io/address/0x9e32c0eff886b6ccae99350fd5e7002dced55f15#writeContract
1. Connect your Metamask wallet. Make sure you have "Goerli Test Network" selected in your wallet.
- Click on "Connect to Web3"
- Then click on "MetaMask"
2. Authorize the connection in your Metamask wallet.
- You should see that the faucet is connected:
3. Scroll down to the 3rd contract named "getTokens".
- Enter the amount you would like to receive, noting that you must add 18 zeros for uint256 form. For example, if you want 100 tokens, you would input 100000000000000000000 (100 followed by 18 zeros).
- For the recipient address, paste your Metamask ETH account address
- Click on "Write" then confirm the transaction with your Metamask wallet
- You will shortly receive POLY, which you can verify in the "Assets" tab in Metamask:
Bridging POLY to POLX on Polymeh Testnet using Goerli
The POLY to POLYX bridge on Polymeh Testnet is available here.
In order to bridge you will need to go through the same process which is detailed in this article.
Make sure you have "Goerli Test Network" selected in Metamask.