On the Polymesh Mainnet, all ERC-1400 security token tickers created through the Polymath Token Studio on Ethereum have been reserved on Polymesh until Thursday, March 31. 2022.
These can be claimed (reserved) on Polymesh by signing data with the Ethereum address that owns the corresponding token on Ethereum.
You get the ticker reserved on Polymesh for free, but still need to pay fees if you want to configure the asset.
Please note that this guide only applies to the token tickers that have been configured. Reserved token symbols that have not been configured will need to be reserved again on Polymesh Mainnet.
In order to claim your previously configured token tickers please follow the steps below:
Step 1: Sign data using your Ethereum address
- Go to MyEtherWallet and connect your wallet that owns the token on Ethereum.
- Select Message > Sign Message from the MEW sidebar.
- For the message to sign, enter “classic_claim” followed by your DID (which can be seen in the Polymesh Wallet).
- For example, if your Account is
0x9fd94aecd4fc98dc42d5af79d16a5193f0907f9b09882f37a72cf265f64a20fyou would enter classic_claim9fd94aecd4fc98dc42d5af79d16a5193f0907f9b09882f37a72cf265f64a20f
- Once you select “Sign” you will be prompted to sign the data in MetaMask:
- Copy the “sig” part of the data shown by MEW - the highlighted text below:
- Select your key (which should be linked to the DID which is claiming the ticker) with
claimClassicTickeras the extrinsic name, as shown below:
- In the
tickerfield you need to put the ticker in hex format - you can use an ASCII to Hex converter to convert your ticker to its hex representation.
- In this example we are converting ETHTICK to its hex representation:
- In the Polymesh App, the
tickerfield should be padded out with 0’s so that the total length is 12 bytes.
- In the
ethereum_signaturefield you can enter the signed data from MEW.
Now you can hit the "Submit Transaction" button and your ticker should be reserved!
You can check by going to Token Studio on Polymesh and connecting your Polymesh wallet to view your Tokens.
Please sign in to leave a comment.