Upon Polymesh Mainnet launch you will have the opportunity to upgrade your POLY to POLYX.
The POLY to POLYX Bridge helps you upgrade your tokens from POLY on Ethereum to POLYX on Polymesh. The bridge will be online at least for a year and will upgrade POLY to POLYX at a 1:1 rate.
You can use the Polymesh Token Bridge as many times as you’d like. However, as a best practice, our bridge application allows for only one transaction at a time per Ethereum address and Polymesh address. There is no maximum on how much POLY can be bridged with a single transaction.
The Polymesh Upgrade Bridge is only compatible with the Google Chrome browser
- A verified Polymesh Account.
- A Metamask wallet and account on Ethereum Mainnet.
- Sufficient ETH in your Metamask wallet to pay Gas fees for the two transactions.
To upgrade your POLY tokens to POLYX please follow the steps below:
1. Go to the POLY to POLYX Bridge
2. Click on “Connect with Metamask” to connect your Metamask wallet. In case you don't have a Metamask wallet please fill the form after clicking "I don't use Metamask" button.
3. Now go to your Metamask wallet and authorize the transaction.
4. Enter your Polymesh Address on the next screen. Your Polymesh Address can be found inside your Polymesh wallet and starts with 2 (on testnet, Polymesh Addresses start with 5). Select and copy the address that you see on the main screen. After pasting your address you should see that it’s verified. Click on “Next”.
5. On the next page enter the amount you’d like to upgrade. At the moment, the Polymesh Token Bridge has a minimum upgrade amount of 1 POLY. There is no upper limit to POLY upgrades on Mainnet.
6. Enter the amount you’d like to upgrade and click on “Next” then on “Confirm”.
You will see the estimated time for your transaction as well.
7. As a next step, you need to confirm the transaction with your Metamask wallet. Please be aware that with Metamask you need to sign two transactions: the first at the approving phase, and the second at the locking phase. Metamask will also show you the Gas fees for this, ensure your wallet has enough ETH for both.
You will receive a confirmation in your browser, also a popup that the transaction is completed.
Click on "Done"
8. On the next screen you can verify the status of your transaction:
Transactions can be tracked by opening the respective Etherscan links.
9. Once completed you will see the confirmation at the top of the page.
You can also jump back to the beginning to upgrade more POLY if you like.
If you are looking for a video guide have a look at POLY to POLYX Upgrade Bridge Demo