IMPORTANT: Before following these steps, make sure you have your seed phrase saved. Otherwise, you could potentially lose access to your tokens.
- To save your seed you can follow an online walkthrough such as this one.
- You should only be using one version of Metamask. You should disable/uninstall the other versions.
- You can find a list of supported Metamask versions here.
Sometimes you may need to change the Metamask version due to a myriad of reasons such as a faulty release, new/untested APIs or simply because it's broken.
In case you need to change your Metamask version, you can follow the following instructions:
- Navigate to Firefox Addons
- Select 'Version History'
- Select the version you want to install
- Click 'Add to Firefox'
- Navigate to 'about:addons'
- Scroll to the addon you want to keep in the older version
- Click 'More'
- Turn off automatic updates
- Download the desired extension zip from Metamask Releases
- Navigate to chrome://extensions
- Enable developer mode
- Drop the downloaded .zip into chrome
- The extension will be installed